ford fusion 1.4tdci - eac fail - phil eansworth

since having a new cambelt and water pump fitted the garage cannot get my car to run properly. it is in limp home mode. they have rechecked the pump timing as that came up when a diagnostic was carried out. there does not appear to be anything wrong in the crankshaft sensor area either. is this a common problem on this engine.?

ford fusion 1.4tdci - eac fail - hardway

Have they checked the cam/crank sync in the data?

Have they checked the cam/crank sync in the data?

i will ask them that tomorrow as i cannot answer myself thanks.

of course we have was the answer i received

ford fusion 1.4tdci - eac fail - RichardW

This is a very easy belt to change, so they've made a hash of something. If it's a 16V it's possible they've turned the engine backwards and the cam chain that runs the second cam has slipped and put it out of time. A decent diagnostic session should be able to point the finger at the where the fault lies.

finally got to the bottom of the trouble. diagnostic fault codes all incorrect info. nothing at all to do with pump timing. the problem was caused by using a magnetic attaching led inspection lamp. a new reluctor ring rectified the problem. the powerful magnet in the inspection lamp had sent the sensor ring dizzy in my opinion even though 1 expert was 100% adamant that the engine would not start at all if there was the slightest bit of damage to the reluctor.