Which cars have the worst mud traps? - 659FBE
Now that we are at the end of the Winter, it's a good time to remove trapped mud. Some cars have the most appalling mud traps to their long term detriment.

My suggestion: Peugeot 106 (Mk 2). At the bottom rear of the front wings, mud gathers behind the plastic wheel arch liner and sits in a nice soggy wedge between the inside of the wing and the front of the sill. Good old PSA put the liner behind the wing flange, so the mud gets in and stays there.

I would be interested to hear of any other bad offenders.
Which cars have the worst mud traps? - Dave_TD
Yes, Metro's were the same for that. And early Sierra's. MKIII Cavaliers catch it in the seam at the top of the wheelarch, as can be seen from where the rust forms!
Which cars have the worst mud traps? - Humpy
Mud traps are one thing but tendency to rust is another. I haven't seen a single rusty PSA vehicle built after 1985. Accident damage notwithstanding.
Which cars have the worst mud traps? - mal
Before the days when liners were fitted to the wheel arches some cars needed a "shovel" to remove the muck.
Which cars have the worst mud traps? - Ben79
I have noticed that older flat red Peugeots seem to look a lot better than the equivalent age Ford.

I used to drive a H reg 405 in flat red, an L reg Mondeo near where I parked looked about 10 years older.

Ben
Which cars have the worst mud traps? - JamesH
Mud traps are one thing but tendency to rust is another.
I haven't seen a single rusty PSA vehicle built after
1985. Accident damage notwithstanding.

I take it you chose the date to exclude the Talbot Horizon. My dad had one as a company car (looked after well) and bought it for my mum afterwards. It had to go to the scrappy at 6 years old as it had rotted through.

I'd agree that Peugeots after then are impressive. The paint on my sister's rust free 1990 flat red 205 looks good after dad polishes it once a year (she doesn't wash it in between).

James
Which cars have the worst mud traps? - Gen
Would be interested how everyone gets the mud out/off from under the wheel arches. I spray it for ages, use a cloth that is uselessly dirty in two minutes and even consider taking the wheel off. In the end I figure I've made it worse by filling the mud with water!
Which cars have the worst mud traps? - glowplug
Usually I wait for a reasonable long dry spell (2 days?). Remove the wheel, brush off with a softish brush then a garden hose - I won't use a pressure washer on my cars. Rust treatment when dry on any metalwork would be the final touch. I've usually used waxoyl but think this time it'll be dinitrol (?)

Steve.
Which cars have the worst mud traps? - KB.
Wheels off the Maestro then pressure wash with a flexible accessory jet nozzle then let it dry and waxoyl. Also check wheel arch rims for rust and spray underseal as a precaution followed by spray of body colour (cosmetic only).

The Yaris is only 6mnths old so just gentle pressure wash or hosepipe and run finger across the mudtrap on the wheel arch rims.
KB.