Snatching defeat from jaws of victory - teabelly
After looking at a fiat stilo jtd multiwagon yesterday and thinking what a brilliant car but for one thing: the interior trim quality was hateful I wondered whether others had found that cars were 99% right but one thing made them impossible to consider as an actual purchase?

My Dad is looking for a diesel which has more boot space than his Xantia, but isn't any wider, has half decent ground clearance and has the air intake fairly high up ( no sales man had a clue when asked such a question!) The stilo was perfect in every respect but the cloth seat coverings were awful, very rough and shiny looking. If they came with similar interior to his xantia ie fuzzy dralon type stuff then I think fiat would have got a sale. Stupid thing is that the ulysses has the fuzzy interior that would have been perfect but in a vehicle which is too big.

Best price for the jtd active aircon (UK sourced) I've found so far was £10,865. If the price gets under 10k then he might consider having the seats reupholstered!
teabelly
Snatching defeat from jaws of victory - Flat in Fifth
"I wondered whether others had found that cars were 99% right but one thing made them impossible to consider as an actual purchase?"

I'll nominate two;-

Toyota Yaris;- except for the tiny tiny tiny boot space. Which could, of course, be increased by sliding the rear bench seat forwards, at which point rear leg space is next to nothing.

Honda Jazz;- ride quality.

Snatching defeat from jaws of victory - Gen
Audi A8, BMW 7-series...99% right, but the price stops me buying...