Ford Focua Combi 2008 - Esp problems - 3uga

Hi!

I'm having problems with esp on my car. Recently changed front wheel bearings an had a faulty wheel speed sensor p500. Changed bearings but changed sensor at a later time. Still have a p500 ( left front).

The car's abs pump works, it brakes the wheels and unlocks them to maintain direction, abs works slowly at low speed and asr works by fully braking the the sliping wheel ( with greates shoks ) but doesen't control the car to stabilize it. Befor changing the sensor, the speed on the dash was showing haoticly droping and rising.

I know that the signal wire is not at fault and I'm lookig for a uncapatible wheel speed sensor.

My car was fitted with ATE and since the had a habbit of failng, I purchased one that is DELPHI but I'm thinking that the parts shop sent a wronk part, something for cars wnfitted with esp.

Can anyone help me identify if this is a comatible part for vehicles with ESP.

DELPHI SS20095 BARCODE: 5012759459720

The old part was a ATE 0711-5133.3

Thank you!

Ford Focua Combi 2008 - Esp problems - Railroad.

There is no such thing as 'compatible with ESP'. The wheel speed sensors send speed signals to the ECM, and from there that information is used for various functions. Did you use a bearing from a bearing supplier, motor factor or a main dealer genuine part? Many bearings have the reluctor ring built in, or it's possible you fitted one or more bearings the wrong way round, and in which case the wheel speed signal is not being received. The bad news is it's very difficult to remove double angular contact bearings such as these without destroying them as the split inner races tend to seperate on removal, with one remaining on the hub. You will probably have to buy one or both new bearings again.

Just checked it out. Sensors are compatible or non compatibe with esp. Piezolectric sensors are compatible withe Esp( ATE 0711-5133.3, Made by Continenta,l in Hungary), while Hall sensors aree only compatible with Abs ( Delphi SS20095). The ss20095 is shown as compatible with esp to all major parts dealers but the box says ABS and sensor has blue color wich is an indicator for esp compatible. Black is for abs.

The sensor was making the esp sistem to not work properly and both esp and abs lights were on, but trajectory of the car was active, asr was working with shocks, abs was working haoticly.

Problem solved with new ate sensor.

Ford Focua Combi 2008 - Esp problems - Railroad.

That's not specifically because a vehicle has ESP or otherwise, in fact all cars and light commercial vehicles in the UK from 2012 onwards have ESP fitted, and it became a legal requirement for vehicles to be fitted with it in 2014.

Hall effect and piezoelectric sensors are different and work in a different way, and so will not be compatible with each other. A controller designed to recognise one will not recognise the other. Older wheel sensors were often Inductive Pulse, but these produce an analogue signal which controllers cannot recognise. The signal therefore has to be converted to digital, and that is done within the controller. Hall effect sensors produce a digital signal which can be seen with an oscilloscope. The wave form is very simple, as the sensor is simply either ON or OFF. The frequency of the sensor (Hz) is detected, and the higher the switching frequency the faster the controller knows the wheel is spinning.

Primarily all the controller needs to know is that a wheel is spinning or not, and if so how fast. It may be that piezoelectric sensors are more reliable and more accurate, and that's why more modern vehicles use them.

Changed sensor with one built for esp and works fin now.
Thank you!

My car is 2008 built. Inthe case of my model, i've heard you can get them without esp