Ford Focus Estate - Ford Focus Engine Swap - George Pennock

Hi there,

I recently purchased a 2008 Ford Focus Estate 1.6 from a local garage. It had 111,00 miles on the clock and I thought it best to get the garage to get a new timing belt on her. The mechanic said it would be straightforward and it would be ready later in the day. However when I called back the car wasn't there...

Long story short, the mechanic had no idea what he was doing and hadn't set the new belt correctly. The outcome, the engine is destroyed, not just the valves but pistons and spark plugs! He has ordered another engine and has offered his car until it is fixed.

The engine swap is being done by another garage and hopefully all should go well. Still, this has left me at my wits end. I only had the car for 10 days before this!

The 'new' engine is a 2007 Ford Focus 1.6 engine with 72,000. Is this engine compatible with the 2008 Focus Estate model? Are there any other concerns I should have?

Thanks in advance

Ford Focus Estate - Ford Focus Engine Swap - elekie&a/c doctor

Can't see any major issues here,as long as it is a like for like engine.Get the timing belt and water pump changed prior to engine fitment,preferably by someone that knows what they are doing.