Ford Mondeo - PCP Mileage charge - Steven Low

HI Guys

Need some help, I am going for a PCP ona Ford Mondeo. Now Ive stated gto the salesman that i need 15 thousand miles a year, he has put me on 8 thousand miles so the price comes down. On the signed sheet it states that if the milage exceeds 8 thousand then I will be charged Milage charge.

The sales man has stated to me that they will not charge me any milage cost if I bring it back to them for part exchange for a new car in 4 years. but on the contract sheet it states excess milage charge 4.70 per mile

Can someone advise me on this please.

Thank you

Edited by Avant on 06/11/2016 at 22:02

Ford Mondeo - PCP Milage charge - Falkirk Bairn

...............& there are fairies at the bottom of the garden.

say it is 6 to 8p a mile - £60 to £80 per thousand

@ £60 & being 21,000 miles over =£1300

@ £80 & being say 24,000 over = £1920

In 4 years time garage personnel will have changed, Trump will be up for re-election & your contract is with the finance company who will want their £2,000 for excess mileage & a few hundred for stone chips, scraped bumper, cracked light.

Ford Mondeo - PCP Milage charge - Steven Low

Thats the thing, Will i have contacted head office and they have told the head manager of the branch to contact me, I will eb saying if I can have it in in writing or on the contract.

Ford Mondeo - PCP Milage charge - Graham567
Rule number 1:- Salesmen lie.Unless you get what the salesman says in writing then he's telling fibs and you'll be liable for a lot of money.
Ford Mondeo - PCP Milage charge - RT

Walk away, you're being screwed over - the PCP will be with a finance company of some sort and the salesman can to nothing about the mileage when it comes back in.

All the PCP providers are ready to quote figures based on whatever annual mileage you want, the figures will vary with the mileage - the excess mileage charge is high so don't go there.

Ford Mondeo - PCP Milage charge - craig-pd130

Find out what the difference is in monthly PCP payment between 8K and 15K per year.

At 4.7p / mile, the mileage charge would be £329 / year, or £27.42 per month, which isn't that bad. You might find that the difference in PCP may be greater than that.

If the mileage charge is LESS than the PCP increase, then just stick £30 per month aside. AND get the salesman to write his promise into the contract.

Ford Mondeo - PCP Mileage charge - Avant

This isn't quite as unfavourable as some imply - as long as you don't hand the car back. That's when the excess mileage charge applies. I've had lots of PCPs and have usually gone over the stated mileage, but I've never been charged x pence per excess mile.

There's a less disastrous downside to this: the point of putting in a lower annual mileage is that the monthly payments are lower. But you don't get owt for nowt, and the final 'balloon payment' is higher, combined with a lower market value because the car has a high mileage. Thus it's more difficult to avoid negative equity.

Ford Mondeo - PCP Mileage charge - Steven Low

Right, well i will contacted the main brance and they told the manager of the brance, he will phone me tomorrow to try and understand what they have done. I will ask them if they can give me 12,000 instead of 8 for a good price or have it written in the contract.

IF they cannot do that, I will cancel the contract.

Edited by Steven Low on 06/11/2016 at 23:30

Ford Mondeo - PCP Mileage charge - daveyjp

When there are low mileage 2016 model Mondeos available for around £10k below list does a new one on a PCP make financial sense?

Ford Mondeo - PCP Mileage charge - SLO76

Right, well i will contacted the main brance and they told the manager of the brance, he will phone me tomorrow to try and understand what they have done. I will ask them if they can give me 12,000 instead of 8 for a good price or have it written in the contract.

IF they cannot do that, I will cancel the contract.

Wise... Never sign a contract you don't wish to pay the terms of, you can and most likely would be held to it despite what the salesman tells you. What happens if he and the manager he says approved it are no longer there when the term is up, how would you prove it if it's not in writing? Plus you're also stuck with having to go there and take another Ford as part of the deal too. If you can't shop around you won't get the best deal next time.
Ford Mondeo - PCP Mileage charge - RobJP

HI Guys

Need some help, I am going for a PCP ona Ford Mondeo. Now Ive stated gto the salesman that i need 15 thousand miles a year, he has put me on 8 thousand miles so the price comes down. On the signed sheet it states that if the milage exceeds 8 thousand then I will be charged Milage charge.

The sales man has stated to me that they will not charge me any milage cost if I bring it back to them for part exchange for a new car in 4 years. but on the contract sheet it states excess milage charge 4.70 per mile

Can someone advise me on this please.

Thank you

If the saleman is telling you this, then tell him you want it put in writing - with him taking full personal financial liability if it turns out to not be the case.

Ford Mondeo - PCP Mileage charge - Cyd

My flying pig is just limbering up - can I have your latitude and longitude for her?

Ford Mondeo - PCP Mileage charge - Miniman777
All salesmen are liars.

They will say any old crock to make you sign knowing the contract is with you and the finance company NOT the garage or its staff. They want a supply of nearly used cars with a low mileage but that's not meeting your criteria. Walk away or find the deal with 15k miles as they are available.

Getting out of a signed contract won't be favourable to you.

Edited by Miniman777 on 08/11/2016 at 00:10

Ford Mondeo - PCP Mileage charge - sandy56

Why not just buy a nearly new car with a HP loan. HP rates are very low these days, that way you dont have to worry about the mileage except when you trade it in.

You pays your money and makes your choice.