Ford Ka 2005 - Scrapping price and new battery - Nisha
Hi,
I'm looking to scrap my 2005 Ford Ka as it needs too many repairs- most recently it needs a new alternator.
I've been quoted around £35 to pick up and scrap the car. However, the battery in the car is brand new and hardly been used.
Is it possible to get more than £35 for the car and is the battery worth removing and keeping as its was only fitted three weeks ago?
Thanks!
Ford Ka 2005 - Scrapping price and new battery - elekie&a/c doctor

Depending on the severity of "other repairs",I would be inclined to put it on flea-bay as "spares or repair only".There are 2005 models listed at £150 plus.If not,then remove battery.Doubt if it will make any difference to its value.

Ford Ka 2005 - Scrapping price and new battery - SLO76
Grab it with both arms! Most scrap yards don't give anything if they pick up and £20-£50 if you drop it off yourself. It's the low price of scrap I'm afraid. I have a local contact who will usually give me £80-£100 for larger scrap cars for banger racing but anything smaller than a Mondeo is worthless.
Ford Ka 2005 - Scrapping price and new battery - alpha_india

Have you tried the online buy-your-wreck dealers for quotes? I recently got a far better price for a non-runner than I expected - try SellYourProblemCar and ScrapCarCentral as these two gave me the highest quotes.

Ford Ka 2005 - Scrapping price and new battery - Nisha
Thanks all so much for replies. I'll try those sites you suggested and if they ask for similar price as before I'll take it.
Ford Ka 2005 - Scrapping price and new battery - RaineMan

A colleague with an old Micra thought he could do better by putting the car through the auction (needed extensive welding). By the time he paid the fees he ended up with less money than the scrappy offered. If you add to this the fact he had to take it there and arrange a lift back it was a pointless exercise!

At the end of the day a few £10s of pounds is irrlevent to the total cost f car ownership.