Nissan Almera Tino - vacuum pump help I think I've been ripped off - Hobartalchemy
Hi there - I really need some advice

The vacuum pump went on my 2001 Tino - the garage had it for eight weeks
They said they'd ordered a genuine Nissan part [because they couldn't find a cheaper alternative] -and that it was special order and non returnable

They said the part cost £600 but when I finally got the car back they charged me £930 as they said they'd had to order a tensioner too - no one told me about this and I didn't authorise this extra work despite ringing and asking to be called back about the status of my car repairs.

So Q1 - how do I tell if it is actually a genuine brand new Nissan part? What part number should it have? Is £600 the right price for this?

I got the car back on Friday - paying the huge £900 bill - and then yesterday the turbo went in spectacular style and now the car is dead and too expensive to repair.

Any chance the two could be linked?. They also tried to charge me for 'oil' but the breakdown guy said there is no way the car has had new oil in it recently so I'm suspicious of everything now?

I now have to buy a new car and try and get my money back - I may be able to do this through our credit card company. If the vacuum really IS new and genuine can I remove it easily enough and sell it? Would I get anything like the £600 for it?

Thanks in advance for your help - I'm clearly a numpty I guess but it's a hard call to make when you can't buy a decent used car for £600 anymore
Nissan Almera Tino - vacuum pump help I think I've been ripped off - hardway

All I can tell you is vacuum pumps for Nissans on special order are shockingly expensive.

I "almost" ordered one for a Teranno once but luckly asked for a price first,

Canceled the order at that point.

As it was just leaking oil and still made vacuum owner authorized a repair with epoxy.

All I can suggest it you remove the parts and Ebay them as I pretty sure someone is going to be in the same boat as you were.

But your not going to get your money back.

Rule of thumb is used parts are 20 % or so.

Good luck.