Smart Roadster Brabus - NonFault car claim help please - JoannaB
Hi, I recently had a delivery van back into the rear of my car which was stationary in a car park at my office. I was not inside the car and it was all captured on CCTV. The delivery driver admired fault and I passed on all of my details to my insurance. The company he works also admit fault. My car is now with Nationwide being repaired and I have a courtesy car, my excess was waived. I have had non stop phone calls and letters from a solicitors firm called Carpenters who say that my details were passed onto them from my solicitors. From what I understand they rack up huge bills and have very bad reviews. My question is neither of us suffered injuries and both cars had minimal damage why would I need to go with them??? Doesn't my insurer just get costs and my excess paid from the third party's solicitor??? Thanks if anyone can help.
Smart Roadster Brabus - NonFault car claim help please - RobJP

They are a claims management company. It's a polite word for 'parasite'.

I suggest when they next call you, you inform them that you are recording the call (whether or not it is true) , you wish to be removed from their database, and any further contact from them will be treated as harrassment, for which you will obtain a restraining order.

They contact you again, a whistle blown down the phone is highly effective, in my experience.

Smart Roadster Brabus - NonFault car claim help please - JoannaB
Thanks that's what I though