Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi 2004 - eye level brake light not working - Woody173

Hi I have had my Focus for a couple of years now and since i have had it everything seems to be alright. But I have noticed recently that my eye level brake light is not working. Now I have read a couple of posts on various sites and they said to check the fuse and if thats ok check the cabling on the boot lid. Simple enough wouldnt you think? But where is the blessed fuse for the light? I have checked under the dash, all the fuses, and cant find any problems so is it hidden in some obscure place?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi 2004 - eye level brake light not working - elekie&a/c doctor

If the brake lights on the rear wings are working,then the fuse is ok.I would be looking at a broken cable to the lamp unit or the lamp itself..Check the wiring where it runs from the body to the tailgate,through the rubber boot.

Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi 2004 - eye level brake light not working - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom
Are we sure that it isn't something as simple as the wires where they're joined to the spade terminals on the bulb-holder contacts? Ford does use very thin wire and a connection could have been strained the last time that the bulb was changed. I would inspect for a broken wire or corroded spade terminal, then get a meter and check for 12v with someone pressing the bake pedal, and check the other side for continuity to earth.