Mazda 2 - New Car Recommendations - Jamesw1994

I am looking to buy a new car (My first brand new one) and was struggling on deciding what to get. I have narrowed down a few requirements but was wondering if anyone could suggest anything

It must be small

Must have a Sub 10sec 0-60 time

Must be full of tech

Must have 5 doors

Budget £15-17K

Seriously considering a Mazda 2 115PS Sport Nav but open to recommendations?

Mazda 2 - New Car Recommendations - Avant

If a Mazda 2 fulfils your criteria ('full of tech' can mean different things to different people) then it could be a good choice. Test drive one and see how you like it.

Other cars of this size which are worth looking at are the SEAT Leon (1.2 TSI, or 1.4 if you can get a good discount) and Skoda Fabia; don't ignore the Ford Fiesta which comes in a wide choice of models.

Mazda 2 - New Car Recommendations - TheBroker

Hi, you mentioned spending a budget of £15-17k, but have you considered going down the leasing route?

Before the barrange of the anti-leasing people chip in consider this...

The residual value on a Mazda 2 after say 3 years (and lets face it most people don't keep cars that long) will be around 45% of it's new value. So this means, over 3 years you will lose in depreciation around £8,250. Which broken down into years is £2750, and broken down into months is £229/month.

So the next questions is... what car can you get for £229/month over 3 years that is better than a Mazda 2 with plenty of Tech? Well. quite alot actually. How about an Audi A3 Hatch, VW Golf, Citroen DS3, VW Polo GTi, Mini Cooper, Nissan Juke, Nissan Qashqai... the list goes on, and these are all 'superior' cars to the Mazda2.

Or if you really like the Mazda2 then you could lease this for about the same price (circa £229/month). The reason why the other, more expensive cars are cheaper to lease is because of the buying power a broker such as ourselves has over a private individual, the finance rates we get, and the improved residual values against the vehicles themselves.

The added bonus is also you get to keep that cash in the bank should you need it on a rainy day.

If however, you only want to buy for cash, then perhaps the we could help with that too.

If you want some more info, please drop me a message.

Mazda 2 - New Car Recommendations - Jamesw1994

Hi and thanks for your message

I am going down the PCP route however with the budget that i have set myself (including deposit) means that i am able to only afford cars in the 15-17k price bracket. This is because of my high mileage allowance and based on quotes that i have obtained. With my deposit i have been able to secure the 2 for £120 per month

Mazda 2 - New Car Recommendations - TheBroker

Sounds like you have a deal sorted there, I can only presume at £120/month your deposit is reasonably substantial (I'll take a stab at around £6k if not more).

One of the key differences between an PCP and Contract Hire is that the initial amount you pay can be very different, the example I was using was probably a 1/10 of what your deposit is.

I hope you enjoy your new Mazda2 they are a neat little car.