Ford mondeo - Weird ford 6000 cd radio code problem - Scre3807

Right when I brought the car the guy said he had a aftermarket radio in there and has replaced it back to a Ford 6000 cd but not the original one now I've wasted 6 tries entering the code from the book until I finally remembered the guy saying how it wasn't the original radio anyway after a bit of looking I found how to get serial number press 6 and 1 keep holding 6 while letting go of 1 etc etc when I do that it comes up with a load of random stuff this is what the first and second screen says

ja cb at rw rl a

Cd 132 00 02 08 d-c

Now I know I could get radio out to get it and do it but I thought u geniuses may be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong to get the m000000 etc code or even the 4 digit code I need

Sorry for the essay

JA CB AT RW RL AR

CB 132 00-02-08D_C

Ford mondeo - Weird ford 6000 cd radio code problem - elekie&a/c doctor

Pull the radio out and get the s/n off the white label.Job done.The numbers you have posted are nonsense.

I was hoping I wouldn't need to do that and yh I realise that but that's what it's coming up with if I knew how to add pics or vids I would show u that's the 2 screens then it comes up with 25th May 2002 I'm guessing the day it was made

Edited by Scre3807 on 20/05/2016 at 18:46

Ford mondeo - Weird ford 6000 cd radio code problem - Simon
I've had the same problem trying to get the serial number from a radio in a C-Max, the only way to get the serial number is to take it out and have a look at the label.