1998 Motor Home: Fiat Ducato 2.5 D. - Fourway Hazzard works Indicators don't work - Brian40

My indicators have failed. I have checked all the fuses including the four in the engine compartment. I don't have a manual but is the problem in thhe stalk?

Thanks

Brian40

1998 Motor Home: Fiat Ducato 2.5 D. - Fourway Hazzard works Indicators don't work - Railroad.

Do the direction indicators work either side or just the hazard (four way) not working?

The problem could be the hazard switch. The hazard lights take priority over the indicators, and if the switch is in neither one position nor the other due to poor contacts then neither will work. Flick the hazard switch on and off a few times to establish if there is a poor contact inside. If the lights show any signs of working then replace the hazard switch.

1998 Motor Home: Fiat Ducato 2.5 D. - Fourway Hazzard works Indicators don't work - Brian40

Thanks for your replies: apologies if I was not clear. The hazzards work but its the indicators that do not. All the other electrics work - lights, horn etc. I don't have a handbook for the vehicle so I'm a bit in the dark. I suspect the hazzards work as they will be on a separate relay due to emergencies. I don't know where the other relay is other than in the 'stalk' which is a bit stiff at the best of times.

Thanks again

Brian40

1998 Motor Home: Fiat Ducato 2.5 D. - Fourway Hazzard works Indicators don't work - Railroad.

The fault could still be the hazard switch. As I said earlier the hazards take priority over the indicators. When the hazard switch is in one position the hazards will work. When it's in the other the indicators will work. If the switch has a poor contact and is in no mans land then the indicators will not work.

Ok. I will try that. The hazzards work very well, don't slow down and the switch is positive when pushed.I will take it out and check. I have been all over the electrics and can't find anything wrong. went down to a local Fiat garage they will try to find diagramme for that bit of wiring Thanks again.

Brian 40

1998 Motor Home: Fiat Ducato 2.5 D. - Fourway Hazzard works Indicators don't work - elekie&a/c doctor

Pull out the hazard switch and check for 2 power supplies.One should be permanent with ignition on or off ,the other should be ignition on only.If ths latter is missing,then it could be a fuse or wiring issue.

1998 Motor Home: Fiat Ducato 2.5 D. - Fourway Hazzard works Indicators don't work - Mr.G

if u have access to a multi meter and can remove multi plug from back of stalk do a continuity check across the terminals, that will tell u if the switch is faulty, .. its probably got a separate flasher relay from the hazards

Thanks for all the help. took the facia off exposed the switch and found a poor contact - sorted!

Brian 40