Diamondbright the paintwork or not ? - shoei
I am buying a new Golf should I pay for the Diamondbright on the paintwork or not ? Is it worth the cost?
Diamondbright the paintwork or not ? - Dwight Van Driver

tinyurl.com/7kn6

DVD
Diamondbright the paintwork or not ? - Marcos{P}
I have just recieved a diamondbrite profesional kit for free. It would be interesting to know how much they are charging for as I know how much the kit cost and how relatively easy it is to install.
Most people I have spoken to recommend having the treatment carried out and I would let you know but I can't be bothered to install it just yet.
Diamondbright the paintwork or not ? - Paul F
my parents have it on their cars, they look & feel great for a week or two after application, but seem to loose the smooth feel to the paintwork shortly after wards.
I would reccommend regular polishing with zymol, which I have found to be far superior to autoglym.
Hope this helps
Diamondbright the paintwork or not ? - Perturbed
I had a new Audi A3 done with Diamondbrite and when the sun shone on it you could always see swirls in the paintwork. Just remember its done by someone else who night not take the same care in polishing your pride and joy as you would yourself.

Diamondbright the paintwork or not ? - J500ANT
Ummm,
My car is Diamondbrighted, I cant tell the difference but there you go. However, a motor trade acquaintance tells me that he buys the Supaguard kits (exterior paint cream, interior scothguard spray and vinyl protector) complete with a key fob insurance thingy for about £40 + vat.

I paid for this on my previous car, talk was of full kits and half kits etc, they wanted £350 for a full go over and the key insurance, I negotiated a full go over for the cost of just the paint treatment and thought i had done well at £199 all in. How wrong i was! With this one my trade friend gave me a Diamondbright sample kit, or else my car would have had to "suffer" being Autoglym'd instead.

If you can get them to throw it in for free then its worth it. Tell them you know how much it costs them! And i can tell you its no harder to apply than any other polish, which they have to do before you get your car anyway!

If you cant get it for free then dont bother, get some Autoglym Super Resin and the added High Gloss stuff, put a bit of elbow grease into the equation and theres your nice car shining away. Go to your local hobby shop (or DIY store maybe) and they'll do you a tin of Scotchguard to protect your seats. £25-30 for the same as the garage do.

Tony

Peturbed mentioned swirls on his car after recieving the treatment. If this car is new I would take it back and have it redone as it clearly says to use straight strokes so as to avoid swirls. It just reinforces what has been said previously that it is only as good as the person applying it.
I'm happy in the knowledge that I will be doing it myself so it can be done properly.
Diamondbright the paintwork or not ? - Perturbed
Yeh, the car was new Marcos. Trouble is it was about two weeks later when it got its first hand wash from me, and the first day the sun was shining directly on it, so getting the garage to believe me would have been just about impossible (and no I didn't put the swirls in washing it - I always power wash off before washing)

I think the guys must have been using a circular polisher or something as it's interesting to hear you say it should be put on in straight lines
Diamondbright the paintwork or not ? - shoei
Thanks for your replys. After the VW dealership quoted £350 to apply the diamond bright kit, I decided to do some research into this kit, after many e-mails I managed to find a dealer willing to sell me the kit to apply myself,the cost being £47.00 and the kit comes with full instructions so I can do it without the swirl marks.
Diamondbright the paintwork or not ? - Roger Jones
I've revived this thread from March because I've received the Jewelultra Diamondbrite flyer from my bro-in-law, who will take delivery of his new Mondeo shortly (I assume he's having it done). There are a couple of old threads on the topic, but I wonder if there are any fresh views on the process and product, especially in view of the following from the Jewelultra website (in earlier threads, some spoke of doing the job themselves):

Q: Can I purchase the Diamondbrite and apply it myself, or does it need to be professionally done?

A: The Diamondbrite process has to be applied professionally by a registered Dealership, Centre or Valeting Service; this is due to the nature of the process and the 6-year guarantee.

In earlier discussion, it was clear that the quality of the work on first application is crucial.
Diamondbright the paintwork or not ? - Blue {P}
DiamondBrite definately doesn't have to be applied profesionally. Although if you do it yourself then there won't be any 6 year warranty, but I wouldn't be willing to pay the huge premium to have it done by a "pro".

My dad treated our Z4 with DiamondBrite himself in the garage and it looked great, no swirl marks, now in the middle of winter the dirt still just washes off the car easily. The car also looked noticeably shinier after it was applied.

On the whole I would say it is worth applying, but don't pay £300 for someone in the dealers to do it!

Blue
Roger,

As Blue Oval said it is worth applying but do it yourself. I'm not sure what the warranty actually applies to but if you do it yourself you know youve done it properly. A chap at the garage told me that their car valeter was awfull and just used to apply the 2nd part of the application and not the first and they were charging 400quid for it.