Honda CR-V - Auto window wind down - DonTom
I have a 2014 Honda CRV V-TEC Auto which I think has developed an intermittent fault with the electric windows. After locking the car by the remote key and walked away, I come back and find all the windows have wound down half way. Not only is this a security hazard, but if it rains I have found all the seats wet. Ash Honda(Yeovil) can't reproduce the fault, and imply it happens because I must have pressed and held down the unlock key for a period (quite long)which causes the windows to wind down. I know this is not the case because I have no reason to unlock the car after I have parked it and walked away. It has happened on too many occasions to be a coincidence. How can I convince Honda it is not just a silly old duffer who doesn't know his car ! What is the purpose of this useless gimmick anyway? Any ideas ?
DonTom
Honda CR-V - Auto window wind down - Cyd

If you lived in a hot sunny climate you'd be mad for 'convenience windows' as it's known.

You sure the button isn't getting pressed by accident while the key is in your pocket?

Honda CR-V - Auto window wind down - Bolt

Its possible the remote is out of sync with the windows and locking system, you could try looking at the CRV forum for the sequence to reset it.

if not ask Honda to sync it for you as the sync process has to be repeated about 4 or 5 times

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/14-problems-issues/7675-window-programming.html

I gather the Honda techs are not certain on this either. cant think why?