Civic Type R 2009 - Ceased Calliper - Bevn
Honda replaced my discs and pads about 6months ago. Serviced and MOT was end February 2016. 10 days later on motorway heard helicopter noise and violent shaking. Took it straight back to Honda who assured me it was miss aligned wheel and thrown weight. A week later same thing happened again. Took it straight to Honda who now say calliper is ceased and they want to charge me full amount. Surely as they missed this at two different times and could have caused a severe accident is this really down to me to pay full cost?

Thanks
Civic Type R 2009 - Ceased Calliper - focussed

Hmmm- my bulls*** detector just sounded an alarm.

Misaligned wheel? What? Just one of them? Please explain how?

Thrown weight? What does that have to do with a brake caliper seizing?

Find another Honda dealership that doesn't employ people who don't know what they are doing.

A phone call to Honda UK customer services wouldn't go amiss either-complain to them.

Thank you. I will give heard office a call but wanted to see where i stood legally. It's awful to think how horrible it could have been as 98% of my journey is motorway miles. Plus now gaving to replace things that are less than a year old as I've been driving it around with a dodgy calliper that was not picked up that caused the damage.

That's the better dealer around here. Unfortunately they have been taken over recently. It's spolit the enjoyment if owning it.
Civic Type R 2009 - Ceased Calliper - gordonbennet

From what i've seen of cars with FMDSH, the very last place i'd ask to service or replace my brakes would be a main dealer.

Servicing brakes correctly for a long service life is a time consuming thing, either DIY or a known recommended indy who takes a pride, calipers can and should last the life of the car and they will if they are looked after properly.

Civic Type R 2009 - Ceased Calliper - focussed

From what i've seen of cars with FMDSH, the very last place i'd ask to service or replace my brakes would be a main dealer.

Servicing brakes correctly for a long service life is a time consuming thing, either DIY or a known recommended indy who takes a pride, calipers can and should last the life of the car and they will if they are looked after properly.

I totally agree GB - I have serviced the calipers on every car I have ever owned with discs - and on all of them the pads were tight and /or sticking in the caliper brackets, and most of the sliding pins were bone dry of grease.

A quick squirt of main dealer brake cleaner doesn't have the same effect.

Civic Type R 2009 - Ceased Calliper - Cyd

What were the brake force and balance readings off the brake test print out at the MoT?

Civic Type R 2009 - Ceased Calliper - Bolt
Honda replaced my discs and pads about 6months ago. Serviced and MOT was end February 2016. 10 days later on motorway heard helicopter noise and violent shaking. Took it straight back to Honda who assured me it was miss aligned wheel and thrown weight. A week later same thing happened again. Took it straight to Honda who now say calliper is ceased and they want to charge me full amount. Surely as they missed this at two different times and could have caused a severe accident is this really down to me to pay full cost? Thanks

Apart from what Cyd said, have you had brake problems with it or noticed braking not right, As I would have said its more likely to be a thrown weight, it is possible, less likely to be siezed caliper but not impossible

I will find the MOT slip and let you know.
No problems with braking but I did notice that when stopping on a slight incline the car had no roll back. Think the garage is right with the new diagnostic but concerned they never picked it up last time. Just scary that they didn't see it last time. Exact same symptoms but I'm still suprised after the amount of time they had it in and only put new brake disc and pads on about 6months ago that no one noticed!

I have reported it to Head Office because of the misdiagnosis last time which put extra pressure on brakes and disc and causing it to cease. The whole car was shaking but the steering stayed straight when you took the hands off so i knew it wasn't misaligned. If it hadn't been for the helicopter noise i would agree with the weight but it doesn't cause as much vibration. The whole car was shaking at 30mph.

Thanks for all the help guys.