Peugeot 206 1.4L Look 8v petrol. - Very rough idle on start up!!!!! - Gledhill1996

Hi all,

I would like some opinions on my issue which has arisen on my Peugeot 206 1.4L Look 8v petrol.

Firstly I've had nothing but trouble with my Pug. Firstly I had constant misfires which no one would resolve. I was always told it was the coil pack and no one would do anything (annoying), so I did some research and then changed all 4 fuel injectors myself and now that's solved that issue.

But now that issue has been resolved, when starting, whether the engine is cold or at optimum temperature, the car appears to have a misfire for roughly 30 seconds - seems to tie in with the automatic choke. Once the choke kicks in, the car is as smooth as anything. However, if I try to drive before the idle sorts itself out the car kangaroos. So in essence the revs fluctuate and the car is very jolty and sometimes no power at all for a few seconds until the choke kicks in.

So for the above issue, I thought it may be the MAP sensor, so I disconnected it and started, the car started fine. Reconnected it, kangaroos again. So I had a spare second hand on which was taken off my other working 206 but the issue persists.

So I was lead to believe it was the Lambda sensor. So the issue relates to the switch inside being turned on and off with the temperature with the exhaust.

The car has done 100,000 miles. Had a service in December. Fresh coil pack in January.

Any ideas? Could it be the MAP sensor or the Lambda Sensor? Or even the ideal control valve?

Thanks for reading,

Bradley

Peugeot 206 1.4L Look 8v petrol. - Very rough idle on start up!!!!! - Gibbo_Wirral

You could throw parts at the problem all day and be no wiser. You need a Peugeot Planet diagnostic when its cold as that can read the live data at all key components and sensors and will give you an idea where the problem might be,

Google "Peugeot Planet Map" to find a network of competent Peugeot owners with the kit who'll be able to help you. They're not mechanics or garages so have no vested interest in recommending parts you won't need.