Merc C350 2006 - Just bought a Merc finally - faults already! - gthector

Hi All,

First time here today and perhaps unsuprisingly it's because trying to resolve an issue.

Purchased a Merc C350 2006 this week from a dealer (treated myself after the wife leaving!) and the engine light has come on. Have had the codes read at a local garage and I'm getting. 1208/P0016, 1200/P0017 and 0521/P2004.

I've read a lot on the balance shaft issues - hope that this isn't going to be one of those :( and the engine number is in that range. It's done 90k, full MB history and is due for an A service.

I did take out an AutoCare warranty (yes, I know not much love for those) but I presuming under my consumer rights I can just take the car back to the dealer and insist/politely request they investigate and rectify the faults that are showing as presumably these faults wouldn't have just appeared this week.

Thoughts? Many thanks.

Merc C350 2006 - Just bought a Merc finally - faults already! - RobJP

Take it back, and go and read up on Consumer Rights Act (CRA)

Absolutely nothing to do with the warranty. If the selling garage try to make you claim under the warranty, refuse and tell them to fix it themselves, at their own cost, under CRA.

Merc C350 2006 - Just bought a Merc finally - faults already! - Railroad.

Whilst I agree with the above comment that you should take the car back, why are you so surprised that a 10 year old car has faults?

Merc C350 2006 - Just bought a Merc finally - faults already! - Cyd

Take it back asap and demand a full refund. Those are your rights. However the right to a refund only lasts 30 days.

Merc C350 2006 - Just bought a Merc finally - faults already! - injection doc

sadly mercs are no better than any other make !

i had an e250 brandnew and it was the worse car ever and the dealer couldnt ever fix it.

uncomfortable on long runs and very tempremental

Take it back and buy something new with a 5 or 7 year warranty and enjoy.