Vauxhall Corsa C - CV boot keeps coming off - Haydn24

I've just had my front drivers side joint replaced because I noticed yesterday that the boot was off and grease was everywhere. Took it to a garage today and had it all done, but the b***** thing has just popped off again while I was parking. I failed an MOT with this last year and it just keeps happening. What am I supposed to do? I know the garage has just done it but won't they say its just wear and tear?

Btw, its the plastic type boot. Really annoying me now. What is the point in getting it repaired if its just going to come off again when I have to use loads of steering lock.

Any help is much appreciated

Vauxhall Corsa C - CV boot keeps coming off - Wackyracer

They are a very hard plastic type that vauxhall use on these, I found a universal neoprene one was the cure. Available on ebay as a boot kit or a joint kit from JR transmissions(I don't work for them). I fitted one of these boots on the Astra last May and it's still fine.

Edited by Wackyracer on 08/03/2016 at 20:07

Sorry, double post

Edited by Haydn24 on 08/03/2016 at 20:57

The last 2 I've bought have both been these hard plastic ones from ECP and then taken them to the same garage to sort it. So maybe the garage arent doing it right or like you say, due to the material of them.

Did you ever have problems with those plastic ones?

Vauxhall Corsa C - CV boot keeps coming off - Topdude

Good job you checked and not just assumed it would be ok !

If it only lasted one day take it back, maybe ask for a more flexible boot to be fitted as suggested above.

Vauxhall Corsa C - CV boot keeps coming off - bathtub tom

As the OP provided the boot the garage fitting it may be reluctant to do further work.

Vauxhall Corsa C - CV boot keeps coming off - Railroad.
Make sure you secure them with the correct size clips, and that they're properly fitted. Don't use plastic cable ties like so many people do. They will not hold the CV boot in place.
Vauxhall Corsa C - CV boot keeps coming off - chris.o
Railroad is right. Get a quality boot clip and tool (not expensive) I like "Oetiker" clips.
Clean the grease from the boot sealing faces finishing with a wipe of brake cleaner.
Then new clip with proper tool. Don't be shy when crimping!
You should be able to do the job without taking driveshaft out. A genuine Vauxhall boot clip might not be too much money.

Chris.