Ford Fiesta - Eight digit key code and four digit radio code - Novice-Dealer

Bought a 2004 ford fiesta, I have the eight digit key code in case I lose the key but I wondered if this code is related to the radio code which is four digits. I don't have the radio code but did not want to remove the radio to get the serial number to look up the code. I was hoping the first four digits of the eight digit key code may correspond to the four digit radio code. It does have the word keycode on the front of the 4500rds radio, that's what made me wonder if they were the same thing, keycode and radio code.

Ford Fiesta - Eight digit key code and four digit radio code - Bolt

As far as I`m aware you need the serial no from the radio unit/chassis,

Number from the key refers to the pattern of the lock barrel.

It was a long shot but I thought I would ask to save removing the radio. The radio works, but I wanted to be able to pass on the code when I come to sell the car.

Anyway thanks for your quick response.

Ford Fiesta - Eight digit key code and four digit radio code - elekie&a/c doctor

You could try pressing pre-sets 2 and 6 with radio on.This should display the serial # which will be M xxxxxx .From this it is easy to obtain the radio code.(if this does not work ,try 1 and 6 or 2 and 5)

That will be handy if I can do that. I had a look in the cars hand book for information on this but there is no mention of getting the serial number this way, only the VIN if it is stored in the radio.

Anyway I will give it a try tomorrow, hopefully it will work, I'll let you know the outcome. Thanks very much for your help.