Peugeot 207 - Peugeot 207 1.4 needs throttle to start - Richard79

My 207 (2006, 1.4) used to start fine by turning the ignition key alone, but now I also need to apply some throttle else I just hear the starter motor with no hint of ignition. Once it's started I have no issues and it will idle happily. The engine warning light on the dashboard goes out a couple of seconds after the engine has started.

This may not be relevant, but the very old battery was recently changed due to an interesting day when I had "electrical fault" warning on the display followed by ABS warning light, dim headlights and eventually power steering failure. There's been no issues since replacing the battery.

Should I be concerned that it now needs revving to start or is it not a major issue? Any advice welcome!

Peugeot 207 - Peugeot 207 1.4 needs throttle to start - 3uga

You could have a weak fuel pump or bad vacuum leaks , but you should first try to clean the maf sensor if it has any

Edited by 3uga on 28/02/2016 at 18:15

Peugeot 207 - Peugeot 207 1.4 needs throttle to start - elekie&a/c doctor

As you have had a new battery fitted,I wonder if the throttle base idle needs re-adaption.This would need to be done via the diagnostic system.

Peugeot 207 - Peugeot 207 1.4 needs throttle to start - Richard79

Thank you both for your comments. I don't think the car has a MAF sensor, so I'll see if the local garage can see anything on the diagnostics.