KIA Sportage BMW Honda Volvo etc - Dislike new cars 19inch wheels privacy windows - MartinKC

I am looking at buying a new SUV type vehicle as more comfortable to enter and I like raised position.

Looking at several different makes (Honda, Kia, Hyundai, BMW,Volvo etc,) it seems that unless you go for the basic model, there is rarely any option except to accept large often 18 or 19 inch wheels and skinny tyes. Thus less comfort than say 16 inch wheels and more risk of damage to tyre and wheel if hit a pothole.

Another gripe - why is dark tinted privacy glass on rear windows suddenly rated as an upmarket item - factory fitted and cannot be changed. I prefer clear glass so I can see more clearly what is going on around me on the roads!

KIA Sportage BMW Honda Volvo etc - Dislike new cars 19inch wheels privacy windows - RT

I don't dislike rear privacy glass, but my rear passengers do as they can't see out as well - it came as standard on my last Hyundai but with my new (more expensive) VW it was an option, so I didn't tick it but had some fitted shades made - now I leave the shades on the tailgate and rear quarter lights but only on the rear doors with no passengers, which is a lot of the time.

Best of both worlds - and cheaper!

KIA Sportage BMW Honda Volvo etc - Dislike new cars 19inch wheels privacy windows - skidpan

Wifes last 2 cars have had privacy glass and we really like it. Don't have a problem seeing out at all and it helps keep the car cooler in summer.

19" wheels with rubber band tyres I do hate.

When I change my car (probably later this year) I quite fancy an SUV-Crossover type vehicle and have just spotted that a new Seat is coming to the market soon along with a new VW Tiguan.

Edited by skidpan on 23/02/2016 at 16:41

KIA Sportage BMW Honda Volvo etc - Dislike new cars 19inch wheels privacy windows - RT

The VW Tiguan will be replaced by two vehicles, the new Tiguan and the extended wheelbase Crossblue - the new Seat Ateca will share with the Tiguan and the Skoda VisionS will share will the Crossblue.

At higher price points, new VW Touareg and new Porsche Cayenne are on their way.

KIA Sportage BMW Honda Volvo etc - Dislike new cars 19inch wheels privacy windows - Bolt

I am looking at buying a new SUV type vehicle as more comfortable to enter and I like raised position.

Looking at several different makes (Honda, Kia, Hyundai, BMW,Volvo etc,) it seems that unless you go for the basic model, there is rarely any option except to accept large often 18 or 19 inch wheels and skinny tyes. Thus less comfort than say 16 inch wheels and more risk of damage to tyre and wheel if hit a pothole.

Another gripe - why is dark tinted privacy glass on rear windows suddenly rated as an upmarket item - factory fitted and cannot be changed. I prefer clear glass so I can see more clearly what is going on around me on the roads!

I`ve just bought the Civic tourer which everyone was telling me (supposedly all manufacturers do the same) you had to buy what they made, as it come.

I asked for mid spec, but to my specifications and got it a week later, exactly what I asked for, so you can specify what you want

I agree with the large alloy comment as I specified 16" alloys and got them much better ride in the Civic than older version

KIA Sportage BMW Honda Volvo etc - Dislike new cars 19inch wheels privacy windows - Peter.N.

I would certainly agree about the wheels. I wasn't even keen on getting a later Peugeot 406 because they have 16" wheels instead of 15". The ride of many modern cars is abominable, the manufacturers seem to think that everyone wants to go round corners at 60mph.

I have driven hydropnumatic Citroens for the last 30 years and the ride is superb although the C5 isn't as good as the XM was, they seem to have stopped making them altogether now.