Jaguar X-Type 2.0d - Positive Story - joegrundy

We're all used to horror stories and reading HJ too much with accounts of failed DPFs, ECUs, etc. and huge repair bills is enough to give you nightmares and visions of imminent bankruptcy. So here's a positive story - I think so, anyway.

Took the car (2004, 157k) in for service and MoT today to my local trusted indy. Picked it up this afternoon. New front discs and pads, wheels balanced and swapped F to R, tracking done, headlight bulb changed, full service - £300 incl. MoT. And an informed talk with proprietor about the car's condition, long-term prospects, etc.

Took it for a good run and I really am pleased with it. Looking forward to a 1200+ mile run to France in Spring and a 2500 mile run to Andorra in summer.

Had the car been terminal I planned to buy a new Dacia on PCP at £100/month. The sensible thing to do now, of course, would be to put away that £100/month. It doesn't often work out like that though, does it?

Jaguar X-Type 2.0d - Positive Story - Avant

That's good news and thank you for telling us about it. The X-type is often maligned for not being a 'real Jaguar' - whatever that means - but you're certainly reaping the benefit of good old Ford mechanicals. If that had been a 3-litre at 157,000 miles I don't think you'd have got away with £300.

Enjoy the summer with it!