Ford Focus 55 plate 1.6 LX - Power issue and dash warning's going crazy! - trickey1986

Hi,

I took my car for a wash the other day, jet washed valated on Sat, after about 15mins of that my car started to display and exlamation warning inside a cog and car was in limp mode, took it to the garage yesterday and they advised me on a faulty sesnor when it got plugged in - garage advised me they reset it and to see if it comes up again and if so will need sensors replacing, this morning exact same issue but now with engine management light on, after that about 20 lights flashed up on the dash milage reading dispalyed (-----) and car went into weird limp safety mode again and now the speedo wouldnt move, decided to pull over turned the engine off for 30seconds or so and car was fine for around 15mins but then the same again.

My question is could a sensor cause this kind of issue - garage told me they had a quick look under the bonnet and couldnt see anything untowards!

obviosuly its going back in but has anyone seen this sort of issues? could using Jets to clean it knock a sensor at all bit random but thats all i can think has caused it!

Cheers

Mike

Edited by trickey1986 on 02/02/2016 at 13:55

Ford Focus 55 plate 1.6 LX - Power issue and dash warning's going crazy! - elekie&a/c doctor

Check the 2 multi pin connector blocks in the base of the fusebox,passenger footwell.It very common for these to become dislodged either by feet or carpet cleaning.

Ford Focus 55 plate 1.6 LX - Power issue and dash warning's going crazy! - trickey1986
Great shout mate!

They appeared connected but just pushed the cables in a little harder and bingo no lights or limp mode on the last two trips so fingers crossed, saved me a few quid as the garage wanted to change the sensors as that is what flagged up when plugged in, how strange!?