renault clio III - clio 2006 - heaters not working (all speeds) - johnmac72

Bought a 2006 1.2 clio extreme on monday (privately). Today the heaters stopped working (all 4 x speeds). I checked the fuse (LHS under steering wheel - 20A) and this appared ok. I have found in some forums that fans fail at certain speed settings, maybe 1-3, but not all 4. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I contacted the seller and he said that it had never happened to him (which I believe) and I had checked the heaters on all settings before buying. Car has covered 82K miles

renault clio III - clio 2006 - heaters not working (all speeds) - elekie&a/c doctor

Remove the glove box and you will see the fan speed resistor and wiring plug in the side of the heater unit.Disconnect the plug,and chances are there will be some burnt pins.Check this first.Another possibity is the motor has failed .This is a major job ,about 3 hrs labour,as it sits at the top of the dash,above steering column.Access is very restricted.

How do I remove the glove box?

Anyone?

renault clio III - clio 2006 - heaters not working (all speeds) - elekie&a/c doctor

There is a plastic strip that runs along the top of the glove box.Prise this off carefully and release the screws.There is also a screw in the bottom left corner ,by the door shut,behind a plastic trim.There may also be screws along the bottom.All screws are torx type.

Does the trim with the airbag sticker have to be removed? How do I access the bottom lhs screw? I found the 3 x behind the trim and another at the top. The others are doing my head in