Seat leon - Brand new car, 1 year old - AC1990

Hi

New to the forum so sorry if this has been asked before (sure it has) but couldn't find anything

Looking to buy a seat leon 1.6 tdi on either a 64 or 15 plate. Seen a brand new one with delivery mileage but its on a 64 plate. What would be the things to look out for on this? Will just being stood on a forecourt for around a year cause any problems?

Thanks

Adam

Seat leon - Brand new car, 1 year old - Bromptonaut

How many miles is 'delivery'? Has it really only been driven from a - b once or has it been used as a demonstrator? How long is remaining warranty?

Is the 1.6 engine the EA189 variant affected by the emissions thing?

How much off list?

Is there a link to the dealer's website?

Seat leon - Brand new car, 1 year old - AC1990

18 miles. I haven't been to see the car as yet as its about a hours drive away so unsure on yhe remaining warranty.

The car isnt affected by the emissions scandal from checking on seat's website.

Car is up at just under £13500 so a substantial amount off list.

Link to autotrader: www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/20151021801...0

Dealers website appears not to be working

Thanks

The website for the dealer, Hortons in Hykeham, works fine for me.

The KR registration is Bucks/beds/Northants rather than Horton's territory. Given SEAT UK are in Milton Keynes it looks as though it was registered as one of their fleet cars.

You'd need to establish why it sat around for a year. Any history of accident etc damage?

All things being equal though any faults down to lack of use (tyre flat spots, brake bind, battery condion etc) should be shaken out during warranty period. Any others have views on whether brake fluid or coolant changes should be demanded prior to purchase?

Edited by Bromptonaut on 27/12/2015 at 13:21

Seat leon - Brand new car, 1 year old - Wackyracer
I can't see why you'd think it necessary to change coolant and brake fluid on a 1 year old car.

I would expect it to have an oil and filter change before purchase though.
I can't see why you'd think it necessary to change coolant and brake fluid on a 1 year old car. I would expect it to have an oil and filter change before purchase though.

One year old unused car. Was thinking aloud about whether the bolded bit made any difference.

Seat leon - Brand new car, 1 year old - jc2

The last new car I bought had been built nine months previously but it was not registered;it had spent most of that time as a "showroom queen";have never had the slightest concern with it.Probably had a lot of polishes tho'.