2013 Kia Sportage - Alloy Wheels - PhilJohn

I have the above car purchased new in 2013 and after about 18 months I noticed that the alloy wheels were peeling in places. So at a 2 year 2nd service I asked the service department to look at them and confirm their thoughts. I did clean the wheels and circled all the peeling with a black marker pen and also took a series of photographs for my records.

When I went to pick the car up after servicing the service receptionist confirmed that they had spoke with Kia central about the wheels and they would be back to me in about a week.

I did not hold out much hope for a positive result and expected them to say that using modern cleaning agents had contributed to the problem so sorry but. Anyway on the same day about an hour after I had got home I recieved a phone call confirming that my wheels where from a poor source that they had identified as problematic and were therefore replacing them, this they did on the following week and even changed the full size spare wheel.

My award goes to Kia for fantastic customer service and speed of action, in this day and age it is good to get a positive result from a motor manufacturer.