Nissan Note - Heater blower issue - notquiteclueless

Last year, my 2009 Note's heater blower started only working occasionally. The problem turned out to be the blower, rather than the resistor, and it was replaced with a recon. The new one has stopped 18 months on, and when the garage examined it they found a plug (presumably the one into the resistor pack) had come out. The replaced it, and it worked for one week before stopping again.

I assume the same thing has happened again. Does anyone have any idea why, and what repair might be needed? Paid a hefty diagnostic fee for very little, so keen to be a little clued up before pursuing.

Thanks!

Nissan Note - Heater blower issue - TheUrbis

Most connectors have a clip, I guess this could have broken?

Nissan Note - Heater blower issue - elekie&a/c doctor

Difficult to guess,but I would think the heater system is similar to Renault clio/megane.Could be anything from motor failure to overheated wiring and/or speed resistor.Unlikely to be a connector come apart.

Thanks, both.

I'm wondering why:

a) plugging it back in made it work again for a week;

b) the garage couldn't give me more information for a pretty hefty diagnostic fee;

c) it's likely to be necessary to strip the dash in order to find the problem (they hinted at this today, and mentioned there'd be an extra cost).

Any further ideas much appreciated!

What usually happens with these ,is the multipin connector to the resistor overheats and burns the terminals.Disconnecting and then reconnecting the plug re-seats the pins and usually gives the system a second chance.In your case ,a week extra.Certain parts of the dash will need to be removed for access.

Brilliant: I was starting to suspect much the same. Thank you.

Do you know how much of the dash is likely to need removing, and therefore how much labour should be involved?

Thanks again.

It depends what heater system is installed.If it is similar to a Clio or a Micra (very possible),then the resistor is behind the glove box.Not too difficult to access.About an hour labour.