BMW 335i - Electronic Service History - kevtherev

Just had my 335i seviced at 20k 3.1 yrs old, by a friends garage. He can't access the electronic service history, but has been able to update oil, filters, brake fluid, etc. but not the service history, using 3 different plug in devices. Any ideas, as the BMW agent wants up to £80 just to access the servive history and update !

BMW 335i - Electronic Service History - elekie&a/c doctor

Not too sure what your friend is trying to do,but the electronic service history is completed on-line to Bmw.

Interesting reply : thank you, but how does my car computer get updated. Currently it shows 2 previous services ; first oil change at about 4000 Mls + micro filters then brake fluid change at about 15k ; both by different BMW dealers.
My garage owner friend services many older BM's but mines the first with a service history within the iDrive. As stated he was able to update the oil etc. but not the service history whilst I watched in the passenger seat.
BMW 335i - Electronic Service History - elekie&a/c doctor

Your car will be on a programme called CBS (condition based servicing).all the vehicle info is stored in the ignition key and downloaded by the dealer via their key reader.More info here;www.bmw-service.co.uk/service_icons

Fine : my car has the CBS system, but the key reads the idrive data every 10secs, and inturn the dealer can read the key, but the service history has to be imputed by the service engineer into the idrive, but how ?

It appears that only BMW dealers have access to the service history page, unless someone knows different.

BMW 335i - Electronic Service History - RobJP

I believe that is correct, and only BMW dealers can update the online (and on-board) service record.

Easy solution : go into your parts dept, and ask for a service book, like you used to keep. They usually keep them on the shelf, and if not will get them in for you in a few days.

Have been informed that a local ( non BMW main dealer ) garage has the equipment to update the service history if the service is carried out by them.

So that leaves me with the problem as they arn't prepared to enter the data on behalf of another garage : fair comment.