Ford Mondeo - immobilser active and engine fault - phill39

Hi,

i have a 2009 Mondeo 2.0tdci which is displaying immobiliser active then engine fault. It had been standing for a while and the battery when flat. changed the battery now it won'.t start. Can anyone offer any advise.

Ford Mondeo - immobilser active and engine fault - elekie&a/c doctor

When the battery runs flat or the voltage is too low,the immobiliser loses its synchronistion with the engine electrics.You will need somebody with the corect diagnostic equipt to access the body control module to clear the fault codes.There is no other way to fix this.You will probably find the electric windows do not work either.

Ford Mondeo - immobilser active and engine fault - phill39

Will it have to go to Fords or will a local garage be able to do it

cheers phill

Ford Mondeo - immobilser active and engine fault - elekie&a/c doctor

Any indy with good quality equipt should be able to complete this job in less than 15 mins.The cheapo happy shopper scanners on flea bay will not do it.

Ford Mondeo - immobilser active and engine fault - Railroad.

This often happens on Porsche models too. I've lost count of the number of flat batteries I've attended at the home address on Porsche's. It seems many of them are only used infrequently, and spend long periods of time sat in the garage, during which time the battery discharges and doesn't recover. The immobiliser system then needs re-synchronising before the engine will start.

Moral of the story. If you have a Porsche and only want to use it on nice sunny days, keep the battery charged.