Toyota Yaris - Horn not sounding - Perfection

Hi Posters,

Toyota Yaris diesel 2010.

The car had the MOT last month and passed at the dealer. Then two weeks later the car was booked in to have some work carried out for TSBs, I believe these relates to the DPF oil fire and air bag recall.

My question is, is there anyway when the mechanic removed the steering wheels cover to access the air bag to inspect as part of TSB would have compromised the function of the horn. Is there an electrical connector the mechanic needs to disconnect that is part of the horn switch in the steering column?

I have checked that the 10A horn fuse is intact. The horn is still in situ as my first thought was that the horn might be missing as the mechanic has removed most part of the engine to replace intercooler and other parts as part of the TSB. Also they replaced he fuel filter at the same time. So above is the things the mechanic has carried out.

Thanks for your reply.

Perfect.

Toyota Yaris - Horn not sounding - elekie&a/c doctor

It depends what work was done to the airbag system.It is certainly possible that if the airbag squib was removed ,then the horn contacts or wiring could have been disturbed.

I did another check after posting the above. I have asked another person to operate the horn switch on the steering wheel and the horn relay does make a clicking sound.

I now suspect the horn connector somewhere underneath the bonnet is not reconnected by the mechanic. Buy I can't see any wire hanging as the space is very tight behind the grille.

Perfect

Toyota Yaris - Horn not sounding - yokel38

It'll almost certainly be the actual horn at fault, not anything the technician has done, it's a fairy common faliure on the Yaris.

The problem is fixed now which was caused by poor electrical connection at the horn. It was a bit of trouble to gain access to the horn and connection. The bumper had to be removed.