Volkswagen Passat Estate, jetta, Golf, Bora - VW silence warranty customers - Stabab

In light of the recent emissions scandal, VW appear to be on lock-down in the UK. A lot of the UK media have naturally focussed their attention on Volkswagens dealings with their cars and customers. This was brought to the attention by SKY NEWS who broadcast this news report at the bottom of the following page http://www.corroding-volkswagens.com/vw-the-truth/

VW are now “Silencing” customers who have fought to get their vehicles repaired under the VW 12 yr. anti-corrosion warranty.

Once the customer in question has managed to gain the offer they are happy with, VW stipulate they will only carry out the repair as long as they DONT contact either www.corroding-volkswagens.com or www.rustingvolkswagen.com or make it public on any website or forum.

VW literally threat to withdraw the offer in the event the customer goes public in ANY WAY !

It’s somewhat amusing the lengths VW go to in order to keep us all ignorant to the FACT that by questioning them, sending them Data Access requests in preparation to take them to the small claims court and sticking to your guns, you WILL get the result you are happy with.

The only person I am aware of who got as far as turning up to court to get 6 panels repaired on his B6 Passat, under the warranty, had VW settle just before it went into be heard. This would suggest VW know they can’t possibly win such cases and this alone is admission to the problem and sets a precedence to everyone else who follows.

Although no guarantee, I know the advice given on corroding-volkswagens is still shown to be a very effective method in encouraging VW to repair our cars. Also anyone who wishes advice is more than welcome to contact the website owner. As long as everyone is getting the offer they wish for, that’s all good and well and what the website is all about.

VW’S ACTION IN SILENCING CUTOMERS IS ADMISSION IN ITSELF THAT THESE METHODS ARE VERY EFFECTIVE !

Volkswagen Passat Estate, jetta, Golf, Bora - VW silence warranty customers - RobJP

Aren't you the same person who has claimed, on numerous occasions, to have taken VW to court, have pending court dates where you're going to take them to the cleaners, etc, etc.

And yet we never hear the outcome of these wonderful court cases.

There is a saying I feel is appropriate here. All mouth and no trousers.

Volkswagen Passat Estate, jetta, Golf, Bora - VW silence warranty customers - skidpan

I had some warranty bodywork carried out on a VW Golf some years ago. They agreed there was an issue with no arguement and carried out the work with no delay. The car was 5 years old at the time.

Whilst the rust was annoying the action of VW kept me as a loyal customer.

Why you are carrying on with this one man campaign against VW is beyond me. You need to move on and simply accept you had a bad experience.

Volkswagen Passat Estate, jetta, Golf, Bora - VW silence warranty customers - slkfanboy

skidpan - A bigger question is why are you still buy from VW, I for purchase a hyundia which also went rusty at five years old and for sure no buying another one.

In the 1980/1990 VW lead the way, seams these days not so. Expensive and trailing the pack in terms of problems and attitude towards customers.

Volkswagen Passat Estate, jetta, Golf, Bora - VW silence warranty customers - bernie123

About two years ago, I noticed that my VW Bora TDI had a very small paint bubble at 12 O,clock position on the front wing. This was a 2004 car. I noticed that it was obviously corroding from the inside and was intrigued as the panels are galvanised.

A bit of Googling turned up the fact that this was quite common to Golfs and Boras of that age and was due to what amounts to a block of Polystyrene or similar, used for sound deadening, rubbing against the inside of the panel, behind the wheel arch liner.

Armed with a load of info printed off the internet, I went to our local dealer. The bodyshop manager at first said that this was not covered under the corrosion warranty ( 10 years) but was a mechanical defect so was outside the 3 year warranty. Of course I argued that this was ridiculous and that I knew there was a technical bulletin circulating, highlighting this very problem. He said he would contact VW but didn't think they would do anything.

Next day, waiting to hear from the dealer, I was collecting as much info as I could in preparation for a fight. The call came and VW would pay for the replacement of the drivers front wing. Car went in and a courtesy car given to me for the duration. A few days later the dealer rang up and said they had been authorised to replace both front wings.

Car came back after a fortnight, with a perfect paint match ( Metallic Black) and a perfect job.

I remain very happy with my VW Bora 130 TDI.

Volkswagen Passat Estate, jetta, Golf, Bora - VW silence warranty customers - skidpan

skidpan - A bigger question is why are you still buy from VW, I for purchase a hyundia which also went rusty at five years old and for sure no buying another one.

The VW was a 1989 Golf and was fixed in 1993 or 4. It was an isolated incident, all makes get them. The only body issue we have had with 5 VW's and a Seat. That is why we still buy VAG products.

We had a Kia for 5 years, same company as Hyundai. Perefct after 5 years.

The rustiest car we have had since the 70's was a 1989 Nissan. Since then we have had 5 Nissans in the family and all have been perfect.

One unfortunate incident does not mean all cars made by that company are bad.

Look at Mercs from a few years ago, terrible conssidering the cost and their legendary reputation but I suspect from your name you own one.