2009 Honda CR-V - Tyre noise - Merko

A recently purchased 2009 Honda CR-V is just the car for me at present but the sheer din from the tyres at motorway speeds is very disappointing. The car is shod with three Haida 225/65R17 102H and one on the rear nearside which is a Continental 225/65R17 102T M+S.

This is a bad mix anyway I suspect but can any one suggest a quieter tyre please or do I turn up the radio ?

Cheers

Kevin

2009 Honda CR-V - Tyre noise - gordonbennet

Never heard of Haida.

We run Nokian Z on the Outback they are quiet, but not terribly cheap in your size, however a quick seach brings up

www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/uniroyal/rainexpert...0

at a very good price indeed, these are very good general purpose tyres and thoroughly competent in normal snow should we get any, reasonably quiet too...three cars in the family now on Uniroyals (all from Tyreleader) no complaints at all.

I'm sure lots of other suggestions will follow.

2009 Honda CR-V - Tyre noise - Falkirk Bairn

Standard fit is normally Dunlops

2009 Honda CR-V - Tyre noise - daveyjp

No issues with tyre noise with the Geolanders fitted to my Subaru.

2009 Honda CR-V - Tyre noise - bsm

I've had two CRV CTIDs, a 2006 fitted with Goodyear Wranglers and a 2009 which always had Continental M+S fitted (probably the cheapest for the lease company). Neither of them suffered from tyre related noise except on some concrete surfaced roads (sections of M1 passed Leeds) and grooved tarmac, but imagine this affects all car/tyre combinations. The Continetals lasted approx 30,000 miles.

Cheers,

Mo