Mercedes B200 CDi - Mercedes B200 CDI Electrical faults - kevf66

Hello,

I have experienced multiple warnings come up on display of a B-class.

Bought the car few months back, drove it for about 200miles, then one day it went into limp mode and had warning "Transmission fault visit workshop". We had fault cleared and since it has done the same a few times. By switching off engine and back on it seems to clear fault.

I have also started getting other warnings now "brake lamp, drive to workshop", "Run flat indicator, Un-available", "ESP faulty, visit workshop" and another problem on start up yesterday, a Red "BRAKE" warning and wouldn't let me select a gear, again on switching on and off it cleared.

So multiple faults, I wondered if this is a common Electrical Box somewhere controlling all these warnings.

Just wanted advice, and see if anyone has incurred the same problems and where to start looking to fault diagnose?

Many Thanks

Mercedes B200 CDi - Mercedes B200 CDI Electrical faults - daveyjp

Age of vehicle would be useful, but with electrical gremlins first job is to ensure the batteries (B class has 2) are in the best of health.

2006, apologise thought i had put it in thread

Mercedes B200 CDi - Mercedes B200 CDI Electrical faults - elekie&a/c doctor

All the warnings for abs/esp ,run flat are controlled by the Abs electronic module.Certainly get the battery and charging system tested.Btw,never seen 2 batteries on a B class.

Ok, thank you and appreciate the advice. I know this sounds unlikely but could this (battery/charging system) be linked to the transmission fault sending the car into "limp mode" or am I looking at 2 seperate problems from your experiences?

Many thanks

Mercedes B200 CDi - Mercedes B200 CDI Electrical faults - daveyjp
Main battery is under the drivers side floor, smaller andilliary battery is behind a cover on the right hand side of boot. The terminals on this battery can get forgotten and corode due to condensation in the cavity, so they need checking and greasing.

Edited by daveyjp on 30/09/2015 at 13:45