Toyota Avensis 2.2 - Front os droning noise - james45

Hi I have a droning noise coming from front os and need some help. I have have the bearing changed in the last few days and also the front wheels balanced. I have also tried swapping the wheels front to back and it's made no difference.The tracking seems fine with no uneven wear and I can only think that it's either drive shaft/cv joint based but don't want to spend out on unnecessary repairs. Can anyone help?

Toyota Avensis 2.2 - Front os droning noise - kiss (keep it simple)

It could be a seized caliper. Does the droning start immediately? If not, drive until it does then check to see if the disc is hot (be careful, a very quick tap with the finger is enough)

Toyota Avensis 2.2 - Front os droning noise - gordonbennet

You've switched off the engine stuck the car in neutral and coasted where safe to do so to eliminate the engine side completely?

Toyota Avensis 2.2 - Front os droning noise - james45

Yes it was looked and and driven by a mechanic and it seems it's the drive shaft centre bearing so he'll remove it and there's a precision bearing company down the road that will provide a higher quality replacement rather than go through the cost of a new drive shaft. Thanks for all the help guys.