Ford Focus 2007 Coupe-Cabriolet cc3 - leaking roof - Blue5

Hi

Can anyone help me with this problem, brought my Focus from a Quicks Carlot. I loved the shape of the car having a convertable was a bonus everything was ok until it rained heavily one night.when I went to the car there was water running down the front passenger and drivers door and in the back of the car right in the corner of the window and in the middle of the rear windows. Then I could see this has been happening for a while you can see water marks in the plastic and on the leathers seats. I guess this is why the car was in the garage.

The garage were great no myther straight into the work shop and they replaces all the rubber seals front to back. this has been done 3 Times.

But it is still Leaking

Has anyone got any ideas or have you solved this problem. Hope someone out there can help

Ford Focus 2007 Coupe-Cabriolet cc3 - leaking roof - daveyjp
Unfortunately you may ultimately need to accept it may never be fixed.

These tin top folding roofs are very problematic if they get even a few mm out of alignment. Misalignment can be caused by simply opening and closing the roof on a less than snooker table flat surface as the weight of the roof can pull the closing hinges out of true. After 8 years there is every chance it is no longer aligned.

Friends had an EOS which leaked from them taking delivery and continued on and off until they sold it three years later. VAG have gone back to fabric tops for good reason.

To try and trace where water may be coming in dust the area arond the seals with talc. Any water ingress will show up and it will at least give some indication of how bad the problem is.
Ford Focus 2007 Coupe-Cabriolet cc3 - leaking roof - elekie&a/c doctor
Unfortunately the above advice is spot on.A friend had a focus cabrio an I think ford dealer virtually rebuilt the car to prevent water ingress and never fixed the fault totally.So it is live with it or sell it.

Thanks elekie&a/c doctor

Like I said the garage fixed new seals 3 times So I Think your about right I will have to get used to it and keep taking the towels out

Thanks for your help daveyjp I will try the talc and thanks for your Advice

Ford Focus 2007 Coupe-Cabriolet cc3 - leaking roof - Avant

Your cheapest option is probably to get a tarpaulin or plastic car cover.

Edited by Avant on 04/09/2015 at 21:08

Ford Focus 2007 Coupe-Cabriolet cc3 - leaking roof - 72 dudes

I remember my brother-in-law (a Ford Senior Technician/Workshop Manager) saying that almost all Focus Cabriolets suffered from the leaking roof. There was a recall I think, so it sounds as if your car was missed.

There is a fix, so contact your nearest Ford dealer and ask them about it.