bmw e91 touring 330d 2006 - bmw e91 rear demister and wiper not working - carnut1980

The rear demister doesn't work, the light on the button comes on.

The rear wiper doesn't work either, i know the motor is good. I can't even hear it working, the washer is fine

The spindle had seized but i freed it up, so the wiper was working fine until the other day, now i can't even hear the motor working, and the fuse is good.

Could it be the relay? how can i check if the relay is sound?

cheers guys/girls

bmw e91 touring 330d 2006 - bmw e91 rear demister and wiper not working - elekie&a/c doctor
The relays for the rear wiper and hrw are in the front fuse box.Doubt if they are faulty.How is the wiring into the tailgate?also don,t forget the earth return wiring.
bmw e91 touring 330d 2006 - bmw e91 rear demister and wiper not working - carnut1980

The demister is now working, but the rear wiper and washer are not.

They were before, and last time i checked, the fise is sound.

On the RHD, there are 3 looms going into the tailgate. The main one houses around 20 wires, on the right hand side.

Every one of them has frayed insulation, but the wires are ok. This looks like its due to prior owners slamming bootlid extra hard to close it, which in turn, was due to the metal hook being slightly too low, i have raised it a few mm, the bootlid shuts fine now.

Is there a relay for the rear wash/wipe?

Also, the rear wiper spindle is a pig to remove. I have accidentally broken the 2 wires for the rear window button, so now thats not opening unless i can pull out the spindle and solder them back on.

Ps where can i get hold of wiring diagrams for this model?

cheers