1995 eunos 1.8 auto - eunos back lights - richardmir

Hi, as a newby to this car, I would apreciate some info on the back lights namely, how come there are LHD and RHD back lights surely they are the same ie. sidelights/indicators/brake/fog/reverse. how are they different on european cars but also can they be adapted to fit our RH drive cars. I get it for headlights facing opposite way. Thanks.

1995 eunos 1.8 auto - eunos back lights - skidpan

Normally there is a fog on the offside and a reversing on the nearside. If the lights were put on a vehicle that drives on the opposite side these lights would be in the wrong place.

1995 eunos 1.8 auto - eunos back lights - elekie&a/c doctor

The eunos is a Jap import and as they drive on the left,the headlights are the same as the uk.However,these are not fitted with a rear fog light for the japan market.Perhaps you join up here for more info;www.mx5oc.co.uk/Default.aspx

1995 eunos 1.8 auto - eunos back lights - Wackyracer

The rear fog lamp on the UK spec MX5 (mk1) was fitted in a cut out in the rear bumper skin offset slightly to the right.

Most of the imports were lashed up with a Ring brand square fog lamp attached somewhere to the outer bumper skin. You could carefully cut a square hole in the outer bumper skin and fit the Ring fog lamp to look almost identical to the original UK ones as the armature of the bumpers were the same with a place to attach a fog lamp.

I did quite a few fog lamps on these so I made a template for cutting the hole.

If you look around you'll probably see some where the offside reverse light has been painted red and used as a fog lamp. This is not legal as it is too close to the brake light and does not meet the standard for a fog light either.

Edited by Wackyracer on 01/09/2015 at 19:24