Chrysler PT Cruiser - dealers - swampy3d

Bought a car 2 weeks ago and paid extra for a mot for a year and came back with abs,trak and seatbelt light on but was told it was prob the mot that set it off.Got home and was concerned so had a diagnostic done and found 7 faults that im told would of failed the mot so the mot looks like it's dodgy.Rang the dealer and told him and he Saud that since i had a diagnostic done at a garage,the warrenty is void and refused to give me a refund,i can't drive the car because it's faulty.My dream car is now a nightmare.Any advise?

Chrysler PT Cruiser - dealers - RobJP

Trading Standards at the Council for where he is. Write an email to them detailing EVERYTHING.

BUT, don't send it to them as yet. Send it to him, and tell him you're giving him 48 hours to reply, before you send it to them. He can refund you or fix the faults, but you are not going to be paying a penny towards the fix.

Still no joy from that ? Go for it. Send to Trading Standards, and start proceedings in the Small Claims Court. Do be aware that you MUST not use the car while proceedings are ongoing, as doing so can weaken your case, as it looks like you're accepting the car.

However, you've bought a car with RED lights on in the dashboard. Seriously ? I mean, come on.

I know,very naive and stupid of me.I phoned today and said i have consumer rights but he kept going on about the warranty being void and iv looked it up and its not.He said write to him and he will show it his solicitor,under consumer rights i can reject the car and get a refund but they won't do it.It's a lovely car but not road worthy.

The dealership is 98 miles away and feel unsafe to take it back if he backs down

Chrysler PT Cruiser - dealers - RobJP

The dealership is 98 miles away and feel unsafe to take it back if he backs down

If he backs down or not, it is still your responsibility to arrange to get it back to him, at your cost.

How much did you pay for it ? How old is it ?

04 plate and played 995 plus for mot

Chrysler PT Cruiser - dealers - oldroverboy.

Get it back to him, but your only rights are to tell trading standards and VOSA that it was issued an MOT with those serious faults.

BUT a warranty on an 11 year old car at £995..

Yes 3 months but all used cars comments with warrenty

Chrysler PT Cruiser - dealers - daveyK_UK

Is a clearly dodgy MOT a criminal offence?

worth telling VOSA or the DVLA?