Toyota Yaris Hybrid 1.5 CVT 100 PS - Leeway on exceeding service intervals - BMW Enthusiast
My Yaris Hybrid is 6 months old with 9600 miles on it. It's almost due its first service (I require 2 services per year due to covering 20000 annually.) The earliest date the dealership can book the car in is 11 days from now (24th August) but I have plans for this weekend and next week and will end up exceeded 10000 miles by then. What leeway would they deem to be acceptable without invalidating the warranty? Help appreciated thanks.
Toyota Yaris Hybrid 1.5 CVT 100 PS - Leeway on exceeding service intervals - Avant

Best to check with the dealer - attitudes can vary - but I don't think you'll have a problem. Even if you do 1,000 miles in the next ten days it'll still be at only 10,600 miles: even 1,000 miles overdue I've always found is well within tolerances.

Toyota Yaris Hybrid 1.5 CVT 100 PS - Leeway on exceeding service intervals - gordonbennet

Depending on where your going, why not try and get a service from a dealer either on route or near your destination, should only take a couple of hours tops.

You never know you might find a more, shall we say, accomodating dealership changes your mind about the current.

Toyota Yaris Hybrid 1.5 CVT 100 PS - Leeway on exceeding service intervals - Bolt

Why not ask if they can do it while you wait, most will do that and I do it all the time, it doesnt take long under an hour even for a full service

My FIL asks for saturday morning service and goes shopping, after about 3/4 hour they phone him to say ready to collect, if they wont do that go somewhere that will, and we get it done in a week, when he started they said it would take 3.5 hours but it never has..

Toyota Yaris Hybrid 1.5 CVT 100 PS - Leeway on exceeding service intervals - BMW Enthusiast

Why not ask if they can do it while you wait, most will do that and I do it all the time, it doesnt take long under an hour even for a full service

My FIL asks for saturday morning service and goes shopping, after about 3/4 hour they phone him to say ready to collect, if they wont do that go somewhere that will, and we get it done in a week, when he started they said it would take 3.5 hours but it never has..

Unfortunately they're booked solid at the moment. They are only a small dealership that deal in Toyota cars only and have a very good reputation.

Depending on where your going, why not try and get a service from a dealer either on route or near your destination, should only take a couple of hours tops.

You never know you might find a more, shall we say, accomodating dealership changes your mind about the current.

When I bought the car new I got 3 free services as part of the deal so unfortunately I have to stick with that dealer until they're used up.
Toyota Yaris Hybrid 1.5 CVT 100 PS - Leeway on exceeding service intervals - gordonbennet
When I bought the car new I got 3 free services as part of the deal so unfortunately I have to stick with that dealer until they're used up.

Ah, fair enough.

Toyota Yaris Hybrid 1.5 CVT 100 PS - Leeway on exceeding service intervals - craig-pd130

I have a Volvo on lease and they require that the service is done within 1,000 miles / 1 month of the 'due date' in order to maintain the warranty.

Different manufacturers may have different tolerances, I would have though the dealer should be able to answer your question.

I have a Volvo on lease and they require that the service is done within 1,000 miles / 1 month of the 'due date' in order to maintain the warranty.

Different manufacturers may have different tolerances, I would have though the dealer should be able to answer your question.

I asked the person on the phone when booking the service and he wouldn't give me a straight answer. He just said "As long as it's not too much."
Toyota Yaris Hybrid 1.5 CVT 100 PS - Leeway on exceeding service intervals - Auristocrat

The leeway Toyota allow is either one month or 1,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

The leeway Toyota allow is either one month or 1,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

Cheers mate.
Toyota Yaris Hybrid 1.5 CVT 100 PS - Leeway on exceeding service intervals - rsvtoddy

My lease company insist that the services on my 14 plate Avensis are done at 12500 miles. I wonder what happens if they need to make a warranty claim?

Toyota Yaris Hybrid 1.5 CVT 100 PS - Leeway on exceeding service intervals - Auristocrat

Servicing on the Avensis is 12 months of 12,500 miles, whichever occurs first.

I contacted the dealer again yesterday and they still wouldn't or probably couldn't give me a straight answer regarding leeway on exceeding the 10000 miles due service but the good news is they've managed to fit me in this Friday instead so i'll only be slightly less than 300 miles over. Hopefully Toyota won't mind that?!

"I contacted the dealer again yesterday and they still wouldn't or probably couldn't give me a straight answer regarding leeway on exceeding the 10000 miles due service"

Probably wouldn't give the information as it encourages people to exercise the leeway on a regular basis.

Toyota Yaris Hybrid 1.5 CVT 100 PS - Leeway on exceeding service intervals - Ethan Edwards

I just had the last service on my Service plan on my Yaris HSD. The 50K service and since it coincided with the first MOT it was at 49,185. Nothing was said about being under by 815 miles. Similarly I've been over by a similar amount before. No sweat.

I'll miss the Yaris Hybrid as it's been utterly brilliant in every way. I do a LOT of mileage a week and it hasn't missed a beat. Some people on this forum have said ooh I think it might lack for performance. Pish t***! It's only 300cc less than a Prius and thats quite a bit larger. Trust me you'll be able to cruise at 80+ in it all day...and lose your licence no bother.

Basically if you want you can hoon about racing everywhere ...and you'll get mediocre economy as a result. And why did you buy a Hybrid if thats what you want to do? Drive like a grown up anticipate stuff and it will give you decent MPG. Plus it'll reduce your stress levels...really.

My circumstances have now changed and it's been traded..shame as I really liked that little car...and I could get my RC planes in it too. Dealer has been top class all the way.

Everybody should try one imo.

Toyota Yaris Hybrid 1.5 CVT 100 PS - Leeway on exceeding service intervals - Wackyracer

A couple of weeks ago when I was stuck in heavy traffic on the M25 and moving about 12 feet every 5 minutes I did think a hybrid would be the idea vehicle for that kind of traffic if doing it often.

Maybe when I buy another car in the distant future I might consider the Auris hybrid.

Toyota Yaris Hybrid 1.5 CVT 100 PS - Leeway on exceeding service intervals - John F

A couple of weeks ago when I was stuck in heavy traffic on the M25 and moving about 12 feet every 5 minutes I did think a hybrid would be the idea vehicle for that kind of traffic if doing it often.

Maybe when I buy another car in the distant future I might consider the Auris hybrid.

But what if you are old, cold and the outside temperature is zero? What are the heaters like in these hybrid contraptions? And how much is the range reduced in all electric cars with the heater on full blast? Is this worth another thread title?

Toyota Yaris Hybrid 1.5 CVT 100 PS - Leeway on exceeding service intervals - Ethan Edwards

The heater is fine maybe it's the dual zone climate control..who knows.

Now when I fill up the Yaris HSD it has 420 miles range. So that's not much of a concern is it. Hybrids. ..it's like garlic bread..the future.

Toyota Yaris Hybrid 1.5 CVT 100 PS - Leeway on exceeding service intervals - alan1302

But what if you are old, cold and the outside temperature is zero? What are the heaters like in these hybrid contraptions? And how much is the range reduced in all electric cars with the heater on full blast? Is this worth another thread title?

A Hybrid will have the same heaters as any other car as they still have a normal engine in the car to power things.