307 2.0 hdi - no power - irish42

hi people i wounder if u could help i have a 2002 307 2.0 hdi 110 bhp an when i got it the dpf was playing up so i took it off an saw it was removed so i got the dpf softwear removed as the car was running in limp mode all the time when this was done the car had loads off power went great on the first run i had it up to 100 mph no problem when i lifted my foot off i heard like a loaud whiseling from the turbo or a cracked pipe i notic there is no turbo boost now at all i had it at the garage an the man said its the air flow meter or the turbo but hes not to sure look all the pipes sais they are ok so has any body all feed back on this thanks

307 2.0 hdi - no power - galileo

A loud whistle suggests air leaking from the compressor of the turbo (this would also mean no boosted air to the engine.

If hoses are all intact, is the inlet manifold gasket blown, that could allow air to leak with a whistle?

(If the noise is not a whistle but a squeal, that could be due to turbo damage. )

307 2.0 hdi - no power - StanTheMan78

I would REALLY check ALL induction hoses including ESPECIALLY those to / from the intercooler before condemning the turbo.

307 2.0 hdi - no power - Gibbo_Wirral

If it sounds like air, it could be that the DPF has been split open to gut the insides and then not been re-sealed properly.