A Saab - Loan car insurance cover - braniff7

The loan car from the garage (mine's in for a modification, not a repair) is loaned on the understanding that third party damage/costs are covered by the "driving other cars" cover on my car's insurance.

However its on a "cherished car" policy (Highway, through Carole Nash) and such cover isn't included unless it goes with an approved repair at an approved garage.

My mechanic is 55 minutes away in the depths of the countryside!

Can anyone suggest where I might get stand-alone cover for the 3 or 4 times a year I might find myself in this predicament?

Many thanks - braniff7

A Saab - Loan car insurance cover - Falkirk Bairn

www.confused.com/car-insurance/one-day

A Saab - Loan car insurance cover - Palcouk

3 or 4 times a year for 'modification'?

'aproved repair at an aproved garage' is a some what ambigous statement - you should perhaps phone for an explanation, and make a contemprious note of the response/explanation

A Saab - Loan car insurance cover - skidpan

'aproved repair at an aproved garage' is a some what ambigous statement

Obvious enough to me, its refers to an accident repair that has been approved by the insurers at one of their approved garages.

Cover whilst in for mechanical work or "modifications" is clearly not included.

A Saab - Loan car insurance cover - Palcouk

Since its not your policy you are making an assumption

A Saab - Loan car insurance cover - skidpan

Since its not your policy you are making an assumption

OK, its not my policy but using common sense and many years of reading policys it obvious what the clause refers to. If the OP wants a definitive answer a call to Carole Nash is the only solution, but why would anyone do that when there are loads of experts on the internet.

A Saab - Loan car insurance cover - alan1302

If the OP wants a definitive answer a call to Carole Nash is the only solution, but why would anyone do that when there are loads of experts on the internet.

So they get the right answer ;-)