1.2 Active 04 - Fiat Punto - zaly
Just purchased a Fiat Punto as a cheap car to give to a friend who's desperate for some wheels to get her kids around. All good when we drove away, needs a wheel bearing but not aware of anything else.
Got it home and gave it a clean, I discovered that there was some corrosion on one of the battery terminals. I wiped the corrosion away. When starting the engine afterwards there were two warning lights on! Engine management and power steering. I'm really worried now as it's been a big stretch to pay for the car and really can't afford expensive repairs, but equally can't give it to my friend with problems as she definitely won't have the resources to fix it. :0(
We were so pleased to have found her a nice car but now feeling deflated. Any advice gratefully received!
1.2 Active 04 - Fiat Punto - elekie&a/c doctor
Electric power steering issues are the number one faults on these.It could be down to a low battery condition or more likely a fault with the power motor.very often the fault is erratic.The engine light is another fault and needs to be checked on the diagnostic system,but may not be an expensive fix.
1.2 Active 04 - Fiat Punto - zaly
Thank you! Both lights have gone off now. Think I might see how it goes for a couple of days and take it from there. Had the battery checked and no problems. Car is still driving fine and the power steering is working well. Will get a diagnostic if the lights return though.