Audi RSQ3 - audi warrant and insurance co. preferred repairers - the mad russian

Hi everyone, anyone,

The car has sustained minor damage to the front nearside wing when it collided with a stanchion. The very low speed impact resulted in scuff to headlight lens, the wheel arch trim scuffing and popping out from its lugs in the wing, the fns wing having two ripples and has become displaced as the front nearside door just catches it, scraped alloy wheel and damage to tyre wall.

Took to Audi supplier from whom I bought the vehicle and they posted the estimate to Allianz insurance who rejected it stating Labour too high.

Allianz want the repair to be done by their preferred repairer.

can Allianz insist on their preferred repairer doing the work who is not Audi approved, and where does that leave me with respect to the warranty and future sale/value of the vehicle?

The vehicle is a 63 model, 9k on the clock. The vehicle has been bought on the equivalent of a personal finance scheme; bit up front monthly payments and then lump sum at end.

What is my position in as far as I want the car to be repaired correctly and no comebacks and the warranty in tact?

Audi RSQ3 - audi warrant and insurance co. preferred repairers - RobJP

It all depends on what your insurance policy says.

If your policy says that repairs can be made using 'pattern' parts, in a garage that is purely of the insurer's choosing, and that the max labour cost is £XX, then that is what will happen.

However, you should be able to insist to your insurance co that you want it IN WRITING that all repairs will be done to Audi standards, so that you are not any worse off as to the value of your car.

Do bear in mind that very few 'main agents' do their own bodywork - most of them subcontract it out and then just pile on a load for the difference to their own rates. An independent repairer just opposite where I work (North Wales), is incredibly busy, due to the quality of his work. But his rates are also reasonable ; as such, he has vehicles from classics to (last week) a 15-plate Range Rover in.

Audi RSQ3 - audi warrant and insurance co. preferred repairers - Happy Blue!

You need to maintain the Audi anti-corrosion/perforation warranty. Tell the insurance company they must underwrite that warranty otherwise you insist on the job being done to Audi approved standards.

Audi RSQ3 - audi warrant and insurance co. preferred repairers - the mad russian
Thank you. This was enlightening.
Thank you for input. Really illluminating. Tony
Audi RSQ3 - audi warrant and insurance co. preferred repairers - skidpan

Aviva state quite clearly in their policy that if you want the repairs doing at anywhere other than one of their approved repairers the excess in increased by £200.

But there is a simple way round this.

When dad had his car damged by a person visiting a neighbour he told Aviva that he was happy for the car to be repaired by one of their approved repairers but then asked if one that was also Nissan approved could be used. They quicky identified such a place about 20 miles away and wihin 48 hours they collected the car, left a courtesy car and returned the car a week later. He just had to pay the basic excess (which was reclaimed by his legal insurance).

Easy enough to ask.

Audi RSQ3 - audi warrant and insurance co. preferred repairers - elekie&a/c doctor

Perhaps you should take a look here;www.bsigroup.com/en-GB/our-services/product-certif.../

Audi RSQ3 - audi warrant and insurance co. preferred repairers - Tally

Hi

Both myself and my wife have upgraded free of charge to Audi Ensurance which means if we have an accident we ring them instead of of our insurance company and they deal with them, we can use Audi foc to repair our cars as they pay difference between insurance company and Audi, and Audi do all the work

Regards

Tally