Golf wipers not parking - spoiler
Seems the recent cold weather snap has done my wipers in. The front wipers don't park properly now (most of the time anyway).

If i have them on, then switch them off they stop immediately. Also if i do the washers, it doesn't return them to the correct park position.

Checking the relay when doing the washers, as soon as the relay clicks, the wipers stop.

Should the relay supply a feed until the wipers park, or is it the wiper motor that takes care of providing a live feed until they should park.

I was going to get a new relay, but most auto spares don't stock the wiper relay. vw wanted around £17 - feeling a bit tight this month so i didn't want to "splash out" until i was a little more sure.

Any ideas on how to check this out further?
Golf wipers not parking - spoiler
Forgot to say it'a a late mk2 golf!
Golf wipers not parking - Peter D
The motor is self parking and there should be a permanant 12 v feed ( ignition on ) This from memory it is on a seperate fuse. Check it out and come back. If the wipers are turned on with snow on the screen and the motor stalls away from the park position the motor continues to be powered up and either blows something or burns out the copper 'park' track in the motor. Peter