AUDI A3 - MOT - FoxyJukebox

Might i pass on a piece of advice and personal experience please.

My 8 year old Audi has just passed it's MOT with no advisories. In discussion with the garage I asked if the test was based on the condition of the car NOW or whether the testers projected ahead on the roadworthyness of the vehicle for the next twelve months. The answer is the former-how ridiculous.

Two days later i replaced seriously corroded brake discs plus pads-all round and treated myself to four new tyres (two of which were on the margin legality). So-peace of mind!

AUDI A3 - MOT - FP

"The answer is the former-how ridiculous."

No - for reasons given in the brake disk thread.

AUDI A3 - MOT - alan1302

The MOT is a test to ensure you car meets it's minimum requirements when you put your car in for the test. Not sure why you would expect anything different?

It's the owners responsibility to ensure brakes/tyres etc are changed when required. The MOT would just stop you from driving a car that is submitted to the test in a faulty state.

AUDI A3 - MOT - Railroad.
Your car met the minimum standards required by VOSA, that's why it passed the MOT test. This does not mean that the vehicle will continue to be in a roadworthy condition for the next twelve months, as is stated on the V20 Test Certificate.

For your information a corroded brake disc will not be rejected unless it is so deteriorated that it would be unsafe to carry out the brake test, which would be likely to cause damage to the vehicle or rolling road equipment. Brake pads must have less than 1.5mm of friction material on them to be rejected.