VW scirocco Mk3 - Brake noise when car has stopped - lloydie63

I have this very irritating noise coming from the rear of my Scirocco when I bring the car to a stop. It happens when the wheels have actually stopped and the momentum of the car body (having been moved forward whilst braking) then "sits" back. There is no noise whilst braking,there is no noise when I hit bumps in the road from the rear suspension. This noise is like a squeak/creak and has been going on for the last 18 months+. Last summer due to a broken pad ( original VW) scoring the disc I had the rear discs and pads changed ( Mintex), all was fine for about 3 weeks then started to make exactly the same noise again. If I brake hard the the noise disappears, if I drag the hand brake for say 50 yards the noise disappears. VW want to strip all of my brakes down, my local (trusted) mechanic has had a look and could only suggest putting a softer compound pad on the rear brakes. As pointed out when the pads are hot either by braking hard or dragging the hand brake the creak will disappear until the have cooled down the start again. the noise has been there through two MOT's and 3 services and they have found nothing not even an advisory pointing to the suspension. The mileage is a little over 24000.
Any idea's?