Small school runner - recommendations? - Round The Bend
My wife's Meagane Scenic 1.6 RT Alize has reached 72,000 miles since we purchased new Aug 98 (S reg). Its just had its cambelt change and new discs/pads. It has FSH and has been properly valeted to eradicate the biscuit dust of 3 children. Just a few scuffs may drop the p/ex by perhaps £600.

My wife wants something smaller (Fiesta?)and we only want to handover £1000 in addition to the Scenic, so we are looking at £4,000 to £4,500 I reckon. Priorities, space for 3 children (oldest in the front), reliability, PAS, economy (incl servicing).

Rcommendations please......
Small school runner - recommendations? - blowpipe
Save yourself a bit of cash and go for a base 1.0l VW Polo. We've three kids as well, it's a school run/railway station car par excellance.
Small school runner - recommendations? - NWS
If you're near Manchester I'm selling a T reg Fiesta LX with 1.25 Zetec. 5 doors PAS, Aircon etc 32,000 miles. One prev owner. done mix of commuting and longer runs. £4k and it's yours.
Small school runner - recommendations? - Tony44
How about a Clio? With three children I would go for a four door though.

Tony
Tempting but Manchester is further than I want to go (I'm in Norwich).
Small school runner - recommendations? - Mark (RLBS)
behave.
Small school runner - recommendations? - SteveH42
Yaris? Needs little looking after, more then enough space for adults in the back let alone kids, plenty of cubby holes for sweets and half-eaten biscuits and the 1.0 is a dream around town and even on longer runs are long as you aren't in the middle of the peak district.

I've seen 51 reg S models for around £4500, and this at a dealer, although I'd aim for a GS at least.
Just done the deal on a Nissan Micra 1.0 Inspiration.
Actually not that much of an inspiration but the Mrs preferred the drive to a decent Fiesta (and a not so decent Almera) that she got to test.
Thanks for your thoughts/ideas.