05 model - Volvo 50 diesel estate - rwilson
Hi, wonder if anybody can help please. In oct last year I started to have a few intermittent problems with my car. Driving one morning engine stalled and I could not restart car. RAC called who said problem was fuel related, they towed me to local garage. About a week later garage took a look at it and it started first time for them. They said they thought I may have flooded vehicle!! I had car back and it worked fine for another four weeks then I felt like the car was losing power, accelerator was right down to floor with very little revs. Revs would then suddenly short up to usual levels. One day lost power about three times in the day and then at night car wouldn't start, called RAC out again who said they thought there was an air lock in fuel system, they managed to get me started and I drove home approx 20 miles, but had to keep revs high. Next morning car would not start at all. Towed to local garage who spent three weeks looking at it, they thought it was an ecu issue. Car towed to main dealer who after one week also said it was likely to be ecu issue but they couldn't be certain as may need new throttle. Cost for new ecu extortionate and as delayer could not be certain I was not prepared to write an open cheque. After much persuasion garage agreed for me to send my ecu off for testing. First company could not find any problem so I sent it away to second company to satisfy main dee alter. They said they had found fault and have repaired it (lifetime guarantee). Car was returned to me yesterday from main dealer. I drove it for approx 70 miles absolutely fine and then last night problem occurred again!!! Do I need to but new ecu or could it be something else? Cambelt was replaced at beginning of October and I also misfuelled in September. Any thoughts would be most appreciated

Many thanks

Raxhel
05 model - Volvo 50 diesel estate - Fernando P

"I also misfuelled in September" ..... before the problems started in Oct. Tell us more!