Volvo C30 - Car juddering on return from servicing - C30 Owner
I have just taken my, perfectly running, C30 1.6 Drive into the local Volvo approved delearship for 100k service.

I was informed that, in addition to normal service, I had a leaking injector seal and was advised to have it replaced.

On driving home, I found the car to be juddering in 4th and 5th gear at lowish revs. I called the garage back and was told that I would need to bring it back in - time to be agreed.

30 minutes later they called back to tell me that the technician's report said car juddering in 4th and 5th due to lack of compression due to crbon build-up [But this wasn't noted on the payment invoice]. This would require a head-off decoking, which would take a week and cost ~£1000.

Can anyone advise why a perfectly running car on replacement of an injector seal, would now run badly and require a further £1000 work?

Volvo C30 - Car juddering on return from servicing - craig-pd130

I would put exactly that to the dealer service manager. Tell them that the car drove perfectly prior to the service; the problem only occurred when you took delivery of the car after the dealer had replaced the injector seal and serviced the car. So therefore you do not accept the dealer's explanation of carbon build-up.

A failed (or incorrectly fitted) injector seal can also cause loss of compression, so it is equally possible that the dealer has not fitted the seal correctly.

Volvo C30 - Car juddering on return from servicing - C30 Owner

I would put exactly that to the dealer service manager. Tell them that the car drove perfectly prior to the service; the problem only occurred when you took delivery of the car after the dealer had replaced the injector seal and serviced the car. So therefore you do not accept the dealer's explanation of carbon build-up.

A failed (or incorrectly fitted) injector seal can also cause loss of compression, so it is equally possible that the dealer has not fitted the seal correctly.

I totally agree, but the dealer is suggesting a discount off the decoke. They want to talk to Volvo UK for some reason before giving me an answer. All sounds like stalling to me. Any advice if the dealer won't accept their liability?
Volvo C30 - Car juddering on return from servicing - elekie&a/c doctor

As above,either the injector is not seated correctly,or a lump of carbonised gunge has dropped into the combustion chamber during the injector seal replacement and possibly damaged a valve.

Volvo C30 - Car juddering on return from servicing - craig-pd130

the dealer is suggesting a discount off the decoke. They want to talk to Volvo UK for some reason before giving me an answer.

Stick to your guns. Dealer offering discount on decoke = guilty conscience. But not guilty enough to admit they might have cocked up.

Volvo C30 - Car juddering on return from servicing - sammy1

the dealer is suggesting a discount off the decoke. They want to talk to Volvo UK for some reason before giving me an answer.

Stick to your guns. Dealer offering discount on decoke = guilty conscience. But not guilty enough to admit they might have cocked up.

Same senario with my skoda octavia vrs petrol running perfect until dealer

changed injector. prominent judder and hesitant throttle [see posting 8 feb]

Dealer has had the car for days unable to diagnose

Have been researching injector probs, have a look at possible lamda o2 sensor first much cheaper